Reduce Clinical Denials. Arrest Revenue Leakage.
Gain from OnPoint’s comprehensive medical coding and CDI services to reduce clinical denials and accelerate cash flow. Our global team of medical coding brings requisite experience and certifications from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) and American Health Information Management Association. (AHIMA)
OnPoint’s Medical Coding and CDI Services
At OnPoint, we recognize that Coding and Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) services are a critical component of your revenue cycle. Inaccurate medical coding and unbilled procedures can delay your cashflow and increase revenue leakage. As your hospitals strive to achieve and sustain profitability, the role of accurate medical coding and CDI services in accelerating cash flow and ensuring that you get paid for your medical services is paramount.
Our medical coding and CDI services include:
- Medical coding: Assigning accurate and appropriate codes to diagnoses, procedures, and treatments using industry-standard classification systems such as the International Classification of Diseases (ICD) and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes.
- Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI): Ensuring that medical records accurately reflect the complexity of the patient’s condition and the services provided, which is essential for proper coding and reimbursement. This involves reviewing medical records and collaborating with physicians to improve the quality of clinical documentation.
- Auditing and quality assurance: Conducting regular audits of coded data to ensure accuracy and compliance with coding and reimbursement guidelines.
- Reimbursement analysis: Analyzing reimbursement data to identify areas of opportunity for improved coding and CDI processes.
- Education and training: Providing education and training to coding and CDI staff to maintain their knowledge and skills in coding and CDI processes.
We ensure that the hospital is reimbursed accurately and efficiently for the services provided to patients, while also maintaining the integrity of the medical record and ensuring compliance with industry regulations and standards.